Check here for announcements about our plans, as well as new documentation, tools from our providers, and more.
- 2017 Updates for Participants
- 2017 Oregon Legislature Updates
- Senate Bill 214: Regarding participation in ORP for Post-Doctoral employees. Beginning 1/1/18, new post-doctoral scholars will no longer be eligible for PERS, but will be eligible for new provision in ORP upon completion of a) six hundred hours of employment or the equivalent as determined by the governing board; and b) Six months of employment that is not interrupted by more than 30 consecutive working days. If they contribute up to 4% of their salary to the TDI plans with either Fidelity or TIAA, they will receive an equivalent employer match in the ORP. Read more details on this bill here.
- Senate Bill 201: Addresses a small group of OPSRP members, employed during a specific period of time, who received retirement service credit and contributions when they should not have. Under OPSRP, salary is defined as payments includable in an employee's taxable income under Oregon law. At the time of service by these impacted members, their salary was not considered taxable income under Oregon law because they lived and worked outside of Oregon. This legislation clarifies that for the small group of OPSRP members, the impacted salary will be considered subject salary. Read more details on this bill here.
- 2017 Universal Availability Notice pdf
- 2017 Universal Availability Notice - Spanish pdf